On the 25 th of August 2018, NTU Alumni Toastmasters Club held the 166th Chapter Meeting and celebrated the Teachers’ Day. About 25 members attended the meeting and paid tribute to all teachers and influencers who have contributed to our learning and lives. The program of the day includes prepared speeches, table topic (impromptu speech) session, language evaluation, and fun game with sumptuous brunch.
The event was mentioned in the monthly newsletter of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), ClassAct. Find it out in their September issue.
NTU Alumni Toastmasters Club will have its Chapter Meeting as well as celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival this Saturday, 29 September 2018.
We will be honored by a visit from Ms. Wiwiek Najihah. She is the Singapore representative in the 2018 World Championship of Public Speaking. She will share public speaking tips as well as her experience in her journey to the contest in Chicago this year.
Our public speaking workshop, Speechcraft, is just around the corner! And we have extended our early bird special to the 30th of September! Come and join us in October to learn and discover various speaking techniques. You will be coached by experienced and Distinguished Toastmasters, who are also certified trainers, speech contest champions, and serve in consulting and leadership roles in their professional lives.
Register at: https://tinyurl.com/ybnst9uh
The Speechcraft is a 4-session workshop, with details as in the flyer below. Meet the trio of our trainers:
1. ANAND JUDE ANTHONY
Topic: Introduction to Public Speaking and Speaking Off-the Cuff
- Certified Building Engineer, Adjudicator, Mediator
- 28 years of leadership/management in construction
- 20 years lecturing and training in the area of law, leadership, public speaking, management & business
- Served as Past Division B Governor, Area B4 Governor and Chartered President for NTU Alumni Toastmasters Club
- Master of Laws LLM (Commercial & Corporate ) London & Master of Science (NTU Singapore)
2. CLEMENT CHIO
Topic: Vocal Variety and Body Language
- A certified Neuro-Linguistics Programming Master Practitioner (The American Board of NLP), a Distinguished Toastmasters (DTM) and has an Advanced Certification in Training and Assessment (WDA)
- Trained executives, sales managers, trainers, entrepreneurs and business owners in a myriad of public communication strategies including business showcases, technical seminars, pitching, sales presentations and motivational speaking
- Served as Club President in Buona Vista Toastmasters Club as well as an Area B4 Director in Toastmasters. Clement was crowned the Double Champion in both the Toastmasters Singapore National Humorous Speech Contests and Speech Evaluation Contests 2016-2017
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from National University of Singapore
3. JOHN SIH
Topic: Language and Rhetorical Devices
- A training consultant specialising in Relationship Building and Interpersonal Communication Skills. He is the First Person in South East Asia who is licensed to Use and Impart The Psycho-Geometrics System™
- John is also known as “The Laughter Guru of Singapore”. He teaches Yoga Laughter Techniques
- As a Body Language Expert, he is known as the “Allan Pease Of Singapore”
- A Distinguished Toastmasters (DTM) joined Toastmasters since 1990. Voted “Toastmaster of The Year” in 1994. Served as President of Thomson Toastmasters Club, Area S1 Governor and Chartered President of Tampines Regional Library Toastmasters Club
Promote your messages and capture your audience visually. Learn how to design creative posters and communicate to public effectively.
Join our poster design workshop, organized by Division B – Leng Kee Advanced Toastmasters Club and Queenstown INC.
Register at: http://tiny.cc/PosterDesign
Learn to build effective communication skills by attending our Speechcraft Workshop!
You will be coached on the basic of public speaking skills, vocal variety, body language and off-the-cuff speeches. You will discover the speaking strength that you already have, as well as get feedback for areas of improvement.
It is once a year opportunity to start your learning journey!
Join us and register at: https://tinyurl.com/ybnst9uh